We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal data.
This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data Frontier Pathology collect from you, or that you provide to us to be processed by us and how we will treat it. Frontier Pathology is bound by both the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Caldicott Principles. All patient identifiable information generated within Pathology is treated as confidential. To assist in this, the facility is security controlled by swipe card access to authorised personnel only. Visitors and patients are expected to be escorted whilst in the facility at all times until their business is concluded. All faxing of information containing patient records must be done in accordance with Trust practices on a case by case basis and ensuring that the fax location is confirmed as a safe haven location. All information sent outside the facility must be rendered free of patient identifying details unless sent to a known safe haven fax.
Data protection principles
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
Information we may collect from you
Frontier Pathology may collect and process the following data about you:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- To verify that you are a UK health care professional with a current license to practice.